Thursday, April 8, 2010

Eagle Scout-NITETROTTER Session

Illustration Jorge Tapia / Sound Engineering Ian Harris / Text Suburban Legend / Interview Merry C. - April 8, 2010




Here is Eagle Scout's NITETROTTER Session and subsequent interview. Their catchy Post-Punk sound may or may not have arrived via a time machine from Kansas in the late 90's. They also are among the first wave of bands to tell the Trotter who shall remain nameless to suck one, after being blown off, only to have them come back and contact them later. Thanks for choosing to ride out with the devil duders! You can catch them Live touring the US this summer, and also at NITETROTTER Fest on July 10th, in East Moline,IL. You also should go buy their new Full Length Album "New Hands" Thanks for listening, and Good NITE.

Eagle Scout Interview!
BRANDON - Vocals/Bass
BEN - Guitar/Vocals
KYLE - Drums/Shouts
JEREMIAH - Synthesizer/Tambourine
ROBERT "Voltron"- Guitar/Shouts

What kind of music did you guys listen to growing up?
Robert: The first concert I ever went to was an O.C. Supertones concert. The first CD I ever bought was Thursday’s “Full Collapse.”
Ben: I think my first concert was Journey.
Kyle: The first CD I ever bought was the “D2: Mighty Ducks” soundtrack.
Brandon : The first CD I ever bought was “At the Drive-In.” I was influenced a lot by punk rock and ‘80’s music when I was little.
Jeremiah: I think the first CD I bought was Jock Jams.
Be: I always listened to my brother’s MXPX and Relient K CDs. Then I liked Pedro the Lion. I think the first CD I bought was Limp Bizkit
J: My musical taste was really influenced by Jock Jams.

How did you guys get together?
K: We all go to the same college. This was before Robert was in the band. I was eating with our friends “the Chrises.” We went to get our food and when we went back, we noticed that somebody took our table. It was a bunch of jock dudes, jock jams. So, Kyle and Brandon were sitting near by and we started to sit with them.
Br: So, it was outcasts getting together. We always saw Jeremiah around campus.
Be: He asked us if he played an instrument, could be in the band. We agreed, and here we are.

How did you guys hook up with NITETROTTER?
K: Well, pretty much when we routed the tour, we were looking for something in the QC. We actually played at Mixtapes! about two years ago, so we sent them a message. We got hooked up with Nitetrotter because they hooked up with us!
Be: It’s like when you are with a girl in your group of friends and you just hook up with her because she’s around.
Br: That never happens.
Be: I saw it in a movie once.

What’s your favorite venue to play?
All: The Loft in Macomb.
K: There are two other ones. The Bean in East Peoria, and I love the warehouse in East Ridge, Tennessee. And that house in Champaign
Br: Every place we play is like our favorite.
K: Mixtapes!
All: Yeah, Mixtapes!

When you guys aren’t touring, what do you do in your free time?
Be: Robert likes to make fun games like, “Say what you don’t like about someone,” all at the same time. Brandon likes to play Pokemon.
Br: We play Wiffleball
J: I like to spend hours on Chatroulette.
R: I like to read.
Br: We’re all still in school, so that takes up a lot of our time.
J: I like to play ultimate on the quad with the Kappa Delta boys.

What songs would you suggest to fans just starting to get into your music?
Br: I like “Weaker Science.” That’s my favorite song off our new album.

Anything you want to share with the NITETROTTER public?
K: Respect Iowa.
Be: watch Zach Galifianakis.
Br: I feel like we need to say something witty and profound.
R: In memoriam of those pizza cats from this summer.
Be: They were in a box when we were eating pizza… We could say, watch “Heavyweights.”

Eagle Scout fucks with NITETROTTER courtesy of Cavity Records.
Recorded @ NITETROTTER Studios in East Moline,IL.

Weaker Science-Eagle Scout NITETROTTER Session by NITETROTTERS
Deathrays-Eagle Scout NITETROTTER Session by NITETROTTERS

No comments:

Post a Comment